About usGet to know more us and who we are
Who are we?
- To find a home for every homeless animal.
- To assure wholesome living conditions and health of cats and dogs in our City Shelter while awaiting new homes.
- To create a positive community atmosphere for Maumelle citizens and their pets.
What We Do
Maumelle Friends of the Animals (MFOA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to saving the lives of animals. Founded in 1992, we have found permanent homes for over 2,500 animals. When we commit to rescuing an animal, we make sure that they are properly cared for, which includes vet visits, illness treatments, spay/neuter, and heartworm preventatives. For those with special needs, whether medical or social, we ensure those are put into proper foster care. Finally, we try to maximize each animal’s “face time” at adoption events. We work very closely with Maumelle Animal Services to make sure all animals find homes as soon as possible.
Donations help Maumelle Friend of the Animals pay for all what the animals need. With your support, we’re able to keep the program going and save the lives of these animals. We appreciate your help!
Board of Directors & Officers
Jean Lewis, President
Amber Mosley, Vice President
April Thomas, Treasurer
Marilyn Morris, Secretary
Char Akins, Board Member
Buzz Blanton, Board Member
Carol Blanton, Board Member
Programs We Support
- Foster Homes
- Find Home for the Homeless
- Lost & Found List
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program for Little Rock (Arkansans4animals.org)
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program for Greenbrier (Companions Spay and Neuter)
- Free/assisted Spay/Neuter Program
- Financial Assistance Program for Senior Citizen Pet Ownership
- Veterinary Services for Shelter Animals
- Community Dog Park – 4 Paws Dog Park